The Board of Education met May 17 for its regular meeting. Here is a summary.
- Teacher Mrs. Stearns announced winners of the Project Lead the Way Principles of Engineering competition. Congratulations to 1st place Ella McDonald and Aidan McTague, 2nd place Dan Beyer and Kierra Schager, and 3rd place David Cafarelli, Conrad McGarry and William Schaffer!
- Superintendent Dr. Thomas Reardon presented on Smart Schools Bond Act funding, money provided by the state to improve educational technology and infrastructure. Dr. Reardon explained how Schalmont will use the district’s remaining allocation of funding to upgrade more of its existing interactive whiteboards.
- The Board officially certified results of the May 16 budget vote and Board elections. Thank you again to everyone who came out to vote!
- The Board approved tenure for High School Counselor Kylie Gibbs. Congratulations, Mrs. Gibbs!
- The Board accepted retirements for Libby Biernat (19 years with Schalmont), Michael Burgner (27 years with Schalmont), Amy Carter (23 years with Schalmont) and Margaret Symons (34 years with Schalmont). Thank you for your years of service to Schalmont and enjoy your well-deserved retirement!
- The Board approved the hiring of Camryn Mesick for a long-term social worker substitute at Jefferson Elementary. Welcome to Schalmont, Ms. Mesick!
The next Board of Education meeting will be Monday, June 5 at 7:00 p.m.