MySchoolBucks Information


Parents can put money into their student’s cafeteria accounts through

To create an account, you will need your child’s 9-digit student ID number. This can be found on the Parent Portal, on a report card or on a student progress report. If you cannot located the ID number, please contact the Main Office of your child’s school.

Once you have the ID number,  go to, click “Sign Up Free” and follow the directions.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I forgot my Login ID or password?

On the right side of the login page, click on “Forgot Your ID or Password?”. The system will ask for your login name or your e-mail address. If a match is found, you must answer your security question correctly before you’ll be prompted to enter a new password.

If you can’t remember your security answer you may alternatively choose the option to receive a password reset request by e-mail.

How do I know my information is secure?

Transaction information is encrypted and sent from your PC to the server via a secure gateway. Look for the “https” in the address field of your web browser window, and the closed lock in the bottom tray of the browser window.

How can I request notification via email when my child’s balance is low?
In the left navigation panel, click the “E-mail Preferences” link, then check the box to request low balance notifications and fill in the amount. When your child’s balance goes below that amount, an e-mail message will be automatically sent to the e-mail address in your user profile.

Why did I receive another notice that my child’s balance is low?

If your child’s balance changes, the e-mail notification is reset to send a new message. You should receive only one notification each time the balance goes below your selected minimum dollar amount. If your child has more than one account, you may receive messages for each account.

How can I request a receipt via email when I make a payment?
In the left navigation panel, click the “E-mail Preferences” link, then check the box to request a confirmation receipt via e-mail. Each time you make a payment, a confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address in your user profile.

Can other people make payments on my child’s account?

Other adults can make payments on your child’s account if they know the child’s name and student ID. Multiple users can have the same child added to their profile.

Remember that is intended to be used by adults who can purchase with a credit card and that you are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your password and should not permit any other person to use your password.

How can I see a list of all the payments I’ve made?

In the left navigation panel, click the “My Payment History” link. A list of all credit card payments made from your user account is shown.

How can I see what my child has purchased in the school cafeteria?

Choose “My Household” from the menu, then click the “View Cafeteria Purchases” link to the right of the child’s name that you are interested in. A list of purchases made in the cafeteria will show.

What credit cards/methods of payment are accepted?

Payments may be made via Visa, Mastercard or Discover, a debit card or an electronic check. PayPal is not an accepted form of payment on

How long does it take for a payment to be added to my child’s account?

Credit card payments are authorized during the order process on, and your credit card account is immediately charged. Payments made with a credit card are collected nightly and will normally show up in your child’s account on the very next school day. However, this can vary depending on how frequently the district posts payments to your child’s school.

Is there a fee for using MySchoolBucks?

A fee of $2.75 per deposit transaction will be assessed to cover bank fees. Parents depositing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $2.49  fee once per deposit transaction. Students will receive a bonus meal for every $30 deposited online, which helps defray the $2.75  transaction fee. Schalmont will not profit from the use of this site.

Why does my online bank statement show a *pending* charge after my payment was declined?

If you receive a message when processing your payment that indicates the billing address or the three-digit card verification code doesn’t match the bank records your credit card provider will place a temporary hold of funds on your credit card. The *pending* charge may temporarily appear on your online bank statement but the charge will be automatically removed in 2-3 banking days. The ‘authorization hold’ is a normal banking industry practice.

What happens if my child changes schools?

If your child changes schools within the Schalmont Central School District, you can continue using your account. When the school district updates their enrollment records prior to the start of school MySchoolBucks will also be automatically updated with the new enrollment information. If you move to an entirely different school district, you must create a new user account if the district participates in the service.

Note: Scheduled payments for cafeteria meals always apply to a specific school. When the student transfers to a new school the scheduled payment for the old school is no longer valid and must be canceled. Please set up a new scheduled payment for your child at their new school.

Why is my child’s balance not listed?

Balance information may not be available when your child moves to a new school and the school has not yet sent the new balance to the website. The balances are usually updated around the first day of school.

Why did my child’s balance not update when I made my payment?
Payments made through the website transfer to the school site and update your child’s account balance in the school site Point-of-Sale computer. Once the payment travels to the school site and updates the balance it will transfer back up to the website so you can see the updated balance. Generally, this process takes 2 school days.

Who should I contact if my payment didn’t show up at the school?

First, check “My Payment History” to make sure the payment was completed and approved. If the payment appears there, go to “Cafeteria Purchases” and check the student’s purchase history.

If the payment shows in the Cafeteria Purchases, it has been successfully received at the child’s school. If not, make sure you have allowed at least 2 school days for the payment to transfer to the school. If the payment does not appear after that, contact your school district administrator for help.

How do I set up a future scheduled or recurring payment?

Choose “Make A Payment” from the menu. Choose the item to purchase and enter the amount to pay for your child then add the item to the basket. Once the item is in the basket, if recurring payments are enabled you’ll find the option to “Setup A Payment Schedule” just under your child’s name. Click the link to enter your schedule options.

How do I cancel or change an existing scheduled payment?

To cancel a scheduled payment, choose “View/Edit” on the “My Household” page next to the payment description and choose “Cancel This Order” from the next window. If you wish to change an existing scheduled payment, follow these same steps to cancel it and then create a new one with your new options.

How do I transfer funds between accounts (Ex: Meals to ala carte)?

Please contact Food Services Director Maria Zarrillo at 518-355-1342 ext. 5069, and she will be happy to do this for you.

How do I transfer funds between students?

Contact Food Services Director Maria Zarrillo at 518-355-1342 ext. 5069, with your request.

We have moved and I would like a refund of my balance. Who do I contact?

Refund requests are processed by the district. Please contact Food Services Director Maria Zarrillo at 518-355-1342 ext. 5069, to request a refund.