The Board of Education met last night for its regular meeting. Here is a summary.
- Superintendent Dr. Thomas Reardon and School Business Administrator Brenda Leitt shared a budget development update with a preliminary proposal that maintains and even builds on programs and supports for our students. The draft budget also adds elementary and special education teacher positions, invests in Chromebook technology, and increases substitute teacher and teacher assistant pay. Once the state approves its budget, and schools know what aid to expect next year, Schalmont will be able to finalize its school budget proposal next month. The budget presentation is available here.
- Dr. Reardon shared an overview of the results from Schalmont’s Budget Survey, an online survey we shared with our community earlier this year. Thank you to the more than 200 community members who shared your feedback! The presentation is available here.
- Schalmont’s High School Concert Choir helped celebrate Music in Our Schools Month with a performance at the meeting. Great job!
- The Board approved Ashley Boyce as a long-term teacher substitute for 5th grade and Sara Hotopp as a short-term teacher substitute for academic intervention services. Welcome, Ms. Boyce and Ms. Hotopp!
- The Board approved a retirement for long-time cleaner Joan Costello. Best of luck and enjoy your well-deserved retirement, Ms. Costello!
The next Board of Education meeting will be Monday, April 3 at 7:00 p.m.