The middle school guidance staff plays a very important role in helping students get over the hurdles during their stay here. They, as well as teachers, are available to answer any questions students might have.
Every middle school student is assigned a guidance counselor to assist them. Students should be aware that all records kept on a student can be found in the guidance office. Parents are also encouraged to be in contact with the guidance counselors as the need arises. A counselor can be a most valuable friend during one’s stay in the middle school.
Please reach out to them whenever you have a question or concern. All student records can be found in the Guidance Office.
The Guidance Office offers:
- Individual or group counseling.
- Career and educational counseling.
- Interpretation of standardized test results.
- Referrals and recommendations to other pupil service specialists and outside counseling services.
- Coordination of parent-teacher conferences.
- In addition, reading, math, speech/language, and social/emotional concerns are addressed through direct services to students and consultation with staff members and parents. Arrangements for this type of assistance may be made through the Guidance Office.