Introducing our new app – HERE COMES THE BUS
Schalmont Central School Transportation Department is looking for qualified individuals who are interested in becoming school bus drivers. If you are 21 years of age, have a clean driving record, and love working with young people, then school bus driving may be for you!
It is an excellent opportunity to consider if you:
- Have children attending school (be home when they are home)
- Have retired but would like to make some extra income
- enjoy having your summers, holidays and weekends off
- Like the freedom that working a split shift provides
- Want extra work, it is often available
- Need health benefits (available when qualified)
- Want to work close to home
If you don’t have a CDL license, training is available through the transportation department. If you are interested, please contact the Transportation office at (518) 355-9200, ext. 4201, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to discuss what the qualifications are and the opportunities that may be available.
Copies of the form are available online or by calling 518-356-1889.
Rules, Expectations, Disciplinary Procedures
Students who do not adhere to the bus rules will be subject to consequences at the discretion of their school principal. Depending on the circumstances, the student may be subject to removal from the bus for one to ten days, or permanently removed from the bus, subject to a formal hearing. Serious misbehavior on the bus may also be cause for punishment up to and including suspension or expulsion from school.
Rules for Students
- The bus driver may assign seats.
- Be courteous.
- No profanity.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus; keep the bus clean.
- Violence is prohibited.
- Remain seated.
- No smoking.
- Keep your hands and head inside the bus.
- Do not destroy property.
- For everyone’s safety, do not distract the driver through misbehavior.
School Closings and Delays
When Schalmont is forced to close or delay schools or dismiss students early due to inclement weather or other emergency conditions, that information is communicated through a variety of ways, as outlined below.
Delayed openings mean all schedules will be delayed either one or two hours. Bus pickups will be approximately one or two hours later than the originally scheduled time. However, please continue to monitor all opening delays, as they could turn into school closings depending on the weather. No school breakfast will be served in the event of a two-hour delay.