The Board of Education met August 21 for its regular meeting. Here is a summary.
- The Board approved the annual district-wide safety plan, which is available on our website. Please note, the plan is purposefully general; Schalmont has more detailed safety plans, but they are not public in order to protect our safety and security procedures.
- The Board approved the annual Code of Conduct, which is available on our website.
- Music Teacher SaraJane Cipperly, Elementary Teacher Kate Cole and Teaching Assistant Joi Rumbaugh were approved for tenure. Congratulations!
- The following part-time appointments were approved: Marisa Caprara (additional JES Occupational Therapy support), Rachel Curtis (fill leave for HS Social Worker), Trista Kapusta (fill leave for JES Special Education Teacher), and Camryn Mesick (fill leave for JES Social Worker). Stephen Blanchette was also appointed to fill a Diesel Mechanic vacancy. Welcome to Schalmont!
- The Board accepted the retirement of Custodian Wendy DeSantis, who has faithfully served Schalmont for 30 years. Congratulations on your retirement and thank you for your service to Schalmont!
- The Board unanimously approved David Lawrence as Vice President. Angelo Santabarbara was reelected as Board President in July.
The next Board of Education meeting will be Monday, September 11 at 7:00 p.m.