The Board of Education met Jan. 30 for its regular meeting. Here is a summary.
- Principal Scott Ziomek and Assistant Principal Julie Umar presented an overview of the Middle School’s focus on building culture and collaboration. A number of students including the Future City Team presented. A presentation is available here.
- Superintendent Dr. Thomas Reardon provided results of a graduate survey Schalmont recently completed where surveys were sent to graduates from the past five years to learn about their experiences and ways the district can improve. A presentation is available here.
- The Board approved Katlyn Cowee as a long-term substitute teacher. She will fill in for Jefferson Elementary teacher Mrs. Mankuski while she is on a leave of absence. Welcome Mrs. Cowee!
- The Board approved Rachael France for the position of Senior Account Clerk in the District Office. The hire fills the position that was vacated when Laurie Kapfer was recently named District Treasurer. Welcome Ms. France!
- High School Spanish Teacher Mrs. DiCocco was granted tenure. Congratulations!
The next Board of Education meeting will be Monday, Feb. 13 at 7:00 p.m.