No one likes to wait in the rain or snow for the bus, that’s why the Schalmont Central School District is happy to announce the adoption of an innovative mobile device app and website entitled, Here Comes the Bus®.
Here Comes the Bus allows you to view the real-time location of your child’s school bus on your smartphone, tablet or computer. With it, you will have the information you need to send your children to the bus stop at just the right time, helping to protect them from inclement weather and other roadside dangers. What’s more, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your children haven’t missed the bus.
Here Comes the Bus is free for district residents and enables you to:
- See the location of your child’s bus both before and after school
- Confirm that your child’s bus has arrived at the bus stop, at school or both
- Receive a push notification* or email message when the bus is near your stop, has been substituted, or when we have important information to relay
Here Comes the Bus is powered by Synovia Solutions™, makers of the GPS-tracking technology used by The Schalmont Central School District to increase safety and cost savings as it relates to our school bus fleet.
Available in three languages (English, Spanish and French), the Here Comes the Bus app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
To sign up or to learn more about Here Comes the Bus, visit http://www.herecomesthebus.com.
Questions or having issues? Email Jessica at HCTB@schalmont.net or call 518-356-1889.
If you need to contact Here Comes the Bus customer support, please go to: www.help.herecomesthebus.com/en/support/home and click on “Contact Support.” You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your name
- School District Name or 5-digit School Code
- Email address used for your Here Comes the Bus account
- Your child’s first and last name, and student ID #
- Description of the question
Don’t forget to follow Here Comes the Bus (@HereComestheBus) on Facebook and Twitter!
*Push notifications only available on iPhone & Android devices.