Over the next few weeks, we will begin the process of collecting Chromebooks of 8th grade students and assigning them their new Chromebooks that they will keep for the duration of their High School career. In order to assign a new Chromebook, parents/guardians must complete the user agreement form below. Please complete the form as soon as possible so your child can receive their new Chromebook.
Siena College “Career Jam” Field Trip
The 8th grade class will take a trip to Siena College on Tuesday, May 23 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. to be introduced to, and explore various career opportunities available right here in the Capital Region. Students will also receive a guided tour of campus and return to the Middle School prior to lunch. Students are encouraged to participate in the Spirit Week, as well as represent their school by wearing their Schalmont gear on this day. You should also have received a permission slip and returned it to school. If you have not, please contact the Middle School Guidance Office to receive another copy so that your child is able to attend.
Message from 8th Grade Parent Committee
Important Things to Know as We Celebrate Our 8th Graders
- Middle School Moving Up Ceremony will be held Wednesday, June 21 at 2:00 p.m.
- 8th Grade Dance will be held Saturday, June 10 from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. The dance will be a semi-formal event for our students.
- Dance Tickets are $15 and were sold at school May 4-5 and May 10-12. If you are still in need of a ticket, please email email@example.com.
- 7th & 8th Grade Concert will be held Tuesday, May 23 at 7:00 p.m.
- 8th Grade Basket Raffle – $10 a ticket; last fundraiser for the Middle School.
We need you! Email the class at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer – dance set up and clean up
- Donate items like black rectangular plastic tablecloths, black painter tape, Clorox wipes, command hooks, etc.
We appreciate your help and thank you for your generosity. Both will go a long way towards making the end of the year celebrations a huge success!
The 8th Grade Parent Committee
Thank you for all you do and looking forward to a great end of the year!
Mrs. Umar and Mr. Ziomek