Phone: 518-355-6110 ext. 3047
Meet Your Counselors
Each student at Schalmont High School is assigned a counselor to help them navigate challenges and pave the way to graduation. Find your counselor.
- CASDA Virtual College Fairs – Fall 2020
Scholarships and Financial Aid Information
These links to resources are provided to help families through the process of figuring out how to pay for college. In many situations, this requires a combination of financial aid and scholarships.
- Student Guide for Financial Aid (Department of Education)
- Completing the FAFSA Form (FAFSA forms to download and complete online)
- Guide to Federal Student Aid
- Student Loan Finder (eStudentLoan)
- Understanding Student Loans (NYS Attorney General’s Office)
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA)
- Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
- Sallie Mae Loan Information
- Estimate Eligibility for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA4Caster)
- Scholarship Resources
- College Board (Database of scholarship sources, profile registration and application, calculators, worksheets, etc.)
- FinAid (Information on scholarships, financial aid, calculators, loan calculators, etc.)
New York State Excelsior Scholarship
The New York State Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free. Read more.
New York State Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Incentive Program
New York State’s Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Incentive Program encourages the best and brightest high school students to pursue high-demand, high-tech careers and build their future in New York. The program provides a full SUNY or CUNY tuition scholarship to the top 10% of students in every New York high school if they major in a STEM field and work in a STEM job in New York State for five years after graduation. Read more.
Foot Locker Student-Athlete Scholarship
This scholarship honors student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability (GPA 3.0+) and strong leadership skills in sports, in their schools, and within their communities. Read more.
1 for 2 Education Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship is all about paying it forward. Applicants must have a 3.7+ GPA and pledge to pay for a comparable scholarship grant for two people (not related to them), over the course of their lifetime. Read more.
Mohawk Ambulance Scholarship Program
Mohawk Ambulance Service has established a scholarship program to assist high school students who plan to continue their education and career in Emergency Services. It is their goal to not only financially support students, but provide them with the additional educational and moral support needed to successfully complete the EMT program in order to achieve their NYS EMT Certification. Read more.
SADD & NRSF Driving Skills 101 Challenge Scholarship
SADD National, in partnership with The National Road Safety Foundation (NRSF) have teamed up to offer an easy-to-complete multi-winner scholarship opportunity for 2020-21. Read more.
Elks National Foundation Scholarship
The Elks National Foundation provides scholarships for children and grandchildren of dues-paying Elks members. Read more.
McCormick & Murphy Personal Injury Scholarship
This scholarship is available to all high school seniors and current college students who are planning on entering the law field. Read more.
Berkshire Bank NeXt Gen Scholarship Program
Program provides scholarships to students who have exemplified community service through their volunteer efforts, have been successful academically and have a financial need. Read more.
University at Albany Competitive Awards
University at Albany has opportunities for first-time freshmen for College of Arts and Sciences, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences and Great Dane Teacher Program. Read more.
Career Exploration Links and Resources
- Exploring Occupations
- Hudson Valley Community College Center for Careers and Employment
- New York Mentor
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Career Zone
- Career Key
- My Majors
- Student Opt-Out Form for Release of Information to Military and Colleges
- Parent Opt-Out Form for Release of Information to Military and Colleges
- Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) Information
- Selective Service Information