Free and Reduced Price Meals


Children from households that meet federal income guidelines are eligible for free or reduced-price meals.

To apply for free or reduced-price meals, submit a Direct Certification letter from the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance OR complete the Free and Reduced Lunch Application below, sign it, and return it to Renee Heller at the District Office at 4 Sabre Drive, Schenectady, NY 12306, school as soon as possible.

If you have a foster child in your household, you may include them on your application. A separate application is no longer needed. Ensure that all information is provided. Failure to do so may result in denial of benefits for your child or unnecessary delay in approving your application.


Download the 2020-21 Free and Reduced Price School Meals/Milk Application here. If you have any problems accessing this document, please contact Food Services Director Renee Heller at (518) 355-9200, ext. 4020.

Non-discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  • FAX: (202) 690-7442; or
  • Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.