The Board of Education of the Schalmont Central School District is looking for qualified candidates for appointment to fill a vacant seat on the Board through June 30, 2020.
Interested applicants should submit letters of interest to the Board Clerk, Mr. Joe Karas, at 4 Sabre Drive, Schenectady, New York 12306, before August 9, 2019.
The qualifications for BOE members are as follows:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent. (Note: a convicted felon is barred from running for a seat on a school board if his or her maximum prison sentence has not expired or if he or she has not been pardoned or discharged from parole.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.