General | Health Screening | Bus Transportation | Arrival (drop off) | Dismissal (pick up) | Schedule | Lockers | Passing Times & Hallways | Bathrooms | Lunch | Water | Cell Phones | Supplies | After School/Late Bus
We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we navigate new challenges which may arise once we begin school. Stay tuned to the district website, Facebook page, and SchoolMessenger announcements for the most up-to-date information.
- We’re glad to be back! 🙂
- Practice social distancing at all times.
- Wear school appropriate masks at all times unless seated & eating at lunch, and during scheduled mask breaks each period.
- Use hand sanitizer as often as possible when entering/exiting the building, when entering/exiting classrooms, & before/after eating. (There are dispensers stationed frequently in the hallways.)
- Parents should submit the health attestation Google Form every two weeks. Please be diligent in checking your child’s health DAILY for: A fever of 100.0 or greater, dry cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing,sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, chills, head or muscle aches,nausea, diarrhea, vomiting.
- If a student has ANY of the above symptoms, PLEASE STAY HOME and contact the school nurse.
- Maintain social distancing at bus stops.
- Coming soon: Use your new ID card to “scan” into the bus.
- Bus drivers will instruct students where to sit on the bus
- Wear your mask throughout your time on the bus
- Your bus will be released at 7:38 am; a staff member will direct you to the proper entrance.
Arrival (drop off)
- Students being driven to school will not be allowed to enter the building before 7:35 am.
- Parents are to use the main front circle (previously the bus circle) for morning drop-off.
- Students should wait in car until released by security.
- Students will be directed to the correct entrance by a staff member.
- Students buying breakfast may go to the cafeteria before HR.
Dismissal (pick up)
- School ends at 2:13 PM
- Dismissal will be staggered by grade level to avoid congestion.
- Buses will be in the front circle (as usual); students will exit by the grade 5 & 6 stairwells.
- Parent Pick-up will be the MS staff lot (as usual); students will exit by the doors near the LGI.
- Grades 5 & 6: In-person Instruction Monday – Friday
- Grades 7 & 8: Hybrid Instruction
- Lockers will not be used until further notice.
- Students may carry their necessary supplies & Chromebook in a backpack throughout the day.
Passing Times & Hallways
- DOWNSTAIRS: Between classes, student traffic will be ONE WAY (travel counter-clockwise); maintain two “lanes” of traffic at the outermost edges of the hallway as much as possible.
- UPSTAIRS & MAIN OFFICE HALL: Two-direction traffic; please keep to the right!
- Maintain 6 ft. social distancing while moving through the halls.
- Bathrooms should not be used during this time.
- Do not stop to congregate/visit in the halls between classes.
- Students will be allowed in the bathrooms 2 at a time. Please wait patiently for the bathroom to be available.
- Students should use the bathrooms closest to their classroom.
- Be sure that you complete the class’ virtual sign out/sign in doc.
- Students who bring lunch will go directly to a table.
- Students who buy lunch will go through the lunch line and then go directly to a table.
- Once seated, students can remove their mask and eat.
- If you need to get up for any reason, you must put your mask back on.
- Students are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle with them daily.
- Water refill stations will be available, but drinking fountains will be turned off.
- Rules regarding cell phones remain the same: Cell phones (& ear buds connected to phones) should not be visible during the school day unless authorized by a teacher for instructional use in class.
- Phones should be silenced/off.
- All school supplies should be taken home each night and returned to school on in-person days.
- Students are responsible for charging their device every night and bringing it to school on in-person days.
- Students should bring headphones to be used with chromebooks each day (as directed by the teacher.)
After School/Late Bus
- There are no after school/late buses at this time.
- Students are to leave school at dismissal time.