Located 15 miles west of Albany, the state’s capital, and 160 miles north of New York City, Schalmont is located in a community of about 8,000 residents, covering 75 square miles in the towns of Rotterdam, Duanesburg, Guilderland, Florida and Princetown.
Diverse residential opportunities are available in the area, ranging from rural to city living, all while being within close proximity to premiere shopping centers and cultural venues.
Living in the Capital Region, Schalmont Community and Beyond
- The Capital Region is truly a gateway to the Northeast, located within three hours of New York City, Boston and Montreal, and an hour and a half from the majestic Adirondack Mountains and scenic Catskills.
- The Schalmont community is in close proximity to the New York State Capitol and state government buildings, including the New York State Museum and the Empire State Performing Arts Center.
- Schalmont is approximately 40 minutes from historic Saratoga Springs, with its horse racing, health spas, and summer performances by the New York City Ballet and the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- In nearby Schenectady, Proctor’s Theatre offers the best in off-Broadway productions while the downtown area offers a variety of unique shops and world-class restaurants.
- There are abundant opportunities for outdoor recreational activities, such as hiking, skiing, biking, tennis, golf, swimming and boating.
- The area is rich in higher education resources, such as Union College, the University at Albany, including the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, Skidmore College, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Russell Sage College, Siena College, the College of Saint Rose, Albany Law School, Albany Medical College and several community colleges.
- The area is home to a growing cluster of high-tech research and manufacturing firms, including International Sematech, Tokyo Electron Ltd., and Advanced Micro Devices. Internationally famous research laboratories General Electric and SI Group North America are both located in Schenectady.