Update to the latest version of the Chrome OS and charge your Chromebooks so that the battery is at least 80% full. This ensures that even when the battery discharges while unplugged over the summer, it won’t fully run out of power.
1. Connect the device to the charger and turn on.
2. With the AC Adapter still connected to the device, put the device in “Battery Cut-off mode”. Hold Refresh + Power at the same time for at least 3 seconds.
3. While holding these keys, remove the power cable from the device, and then release the keys. The device should shut down and remain off.
4. Attempt to power the unit on using the power button.
5. If the unit does not power on, you have completed the steps and can safely store the system.
6. If the unit powers on, you should repeat steps 2 to 5.
7. Store it in a cool, dry place, and near 78°F (25°C).